City of Jonestown Public Works
City of Jonestown Public Works Department is responsible for maintenance of:
- Implementation of City’s Capital Improvement Projects
- Installation and removal of the City’s Holiday Decorations
- City Facility Maintenance
- City-owned Equipment (including light & heavy duty trucks, road working equipment & small engine equipment)
- Traffic Signs
- Street Markings
- Right-of-way Mowing
- City-owned Trees
- City-owned Sidewalks
- City-owned Parking Lots
- Park Lands
- Wastewater Facilities
In addition to maintenance, the department implements the city’s capital improvement projects and is responsible for the installation and removal of the city’s holiday decorations.
Invitation for Bids
Aerial Lift Bucket Truck advertisement and Invitation for Bids
- 1st publication date: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- 2nd publication date: Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Bid opening date: Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday (Closed on City Holidays)
- Phone: 737-236-9925
- Email: PublicWorks@jonestowntx.gov
Public Works Director - James McCrory
- Phone: 737-236-9924
- Email: email@example.com
Assistant Public Works Director - Cole Johnson
- Phone: 737-239-9925
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant - Laura Arnold
- Phone: 737-236-9925
- Email: email@example.com
2023 Curbside Cleanup Day
ITEMS MUST BE CURBSIDE BY 7:00AM, JUNE 24
The City of Jonestown and Waste Connections will be holding its Annual Curbside Cleanup on Saturday, June 24, 2023
- A maximum of five (5) cubic yards (5.5’ x 5’ x 5’) of acceptable residential bulky items will be collected.
- Resident’s bulky items should be neatly placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up.
- This service is ONLY offered to current residential Waste Connections customers with in the city limits of Jonestown.
- Residents will be responsible for proper disposal of anything put out after 7:00 a.m. or over the 5 cubic yard limit. Note: these guidelines are strictly enforced.
- NO BULKY WASTE SHOULD BE PLACED FOR COLLECTION PRIOR TO SATURDAY, June 24th.
- Bulky items such as stoves, water tanks, furniture, washing machines, and dryers.
- Air conditioners, freezers and refrigerators that are tagged verifying CFC’s have been removed by a certified technician.
- Bundled Brush securely tied together and properly prepared ( 4-foot lengths, 4-inch diameter or 40 pounds in weight) and placed at curbside.
- Total acceptable volume of bulky items and/or bundles is five (5) cubic yards measured as 5’ x 5’ x 5’.
- Gasoline, motor oil, paint, chemicals, and similar flammable liquids.
- Medical waste (including needles and syringes), animals or human waste.
- Tires, car batteries, and large pieces of metal (car fenders, engines, etc.)
- Used oil filters or any hazardous or toxic waste
- CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL AND DEMOLITION DEBRIS - i.e. concrete, rebar, dirt, sheet rock, rocks, excelsior, gypsum board, metal, rubber and wood products.
Winter Weather Resources
TDEM January 2023 Winter Weather Disaster Overview, Texas Department of Emergency Management
Individual and Family Resources
- Travis County Community Center, Jonestown Office, 18649 FM 1431, Ste.6a, Jonestown, TX 78645.
- Winter Weather Preparedness Actions
- Check Road Conditions: DriveTexas.org
- Winter Weather Resources:Ready.gov/winter-weather
- Find a Warming Center:Warming Center Map
- Find a Texas Licensed Plumber here
- Stay Connected: twitter.com/TDEM
- Winter Preparedness Video in English
- Vídeo de preparación para el invierno en Español
Affected Texans are encouraged to report property damage. Share pertinent details and photos to assist emergency management officials in the preliminary damage assessment process.
- Fill out an Individual State of Texas Assessment Tool (iSTAT) damage survey.
- Complete una encuesta de daños de evaluación individual del estado de Texas (iSTAT).
- iSTAT Video in English
- iSTAT Video en Español
Texas Emergency Management Council State Agencies & Partners Resources
- Office of the Texas Governor: Winter Weather Resources
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service: Winter preparedness information and fact sheets from the Extension Disaster Education Network; preparedness tips from Agrilife Today
- Texas A&M Forest Service: “After the Storm” tree care information; follow @TXForestService
- Texas Animal Health Commission: Extreme winter weather resources for animal owners
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Response Resources
- Texas Department of Insurance: Insurance questions or complaints, call 800-252-3439; also use TDI’s insurance claims tips and FAQs.
- Texas State Fire Marshal: Ways to stay safe during cold weather
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Texas Roadside Assistance 1-800-525-5555
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Disaster Planning & Kit Information
- Texas Department of Transportation: Check road conditions online or by calling 1-800-452-9292, follow TxDOT on Twitter
- Texas Health & Human Services Commission: Dial 2-1-1 for social services and disaster-related information such as extreme weather shelters, warming centers, crisis counseling, and food, rent and utility payment assistance.
- Public Utility Commission of Texas: Winter storm links, outage maps, contact information to report outages
- Texas Water Development Board: Real-time weather data
- American Red Cross: Winter Storm Preparedness Information
- PEC’s Interactive Power Outage Map: P.E.C. Pedernales Electric Co-op Power Outage Map
- Is 1431 Open? DriveTexas displays conditions for roadways on the TxDOT-maintained system: TxDOT Highway Conditions
- Austin/San Antonio, TX Weather Forecast Office: N.O.A.A. National Weather Service
- Registering with WarnCentralTexas allows local officials to contact their communities by phone, email and text during times of disasters or public safety events: WarnCentralTexas.Org Register for Emergency Notifications
- Register to receive news and alerts via email or text. A non-profit member owned Water Supply Corporation (not affiliated with any municipality or taxing district): Jonestown Water Supply
- T.C.E.S.D. Travis County Emergency Medical Services District
- A.T.C.E.M.S. Austin Travis County Emergency Medical Services
Planned Street Repairs
- The City is planning for future repairs and maintenance of streets, to take place over the next several years.
- Current Street Rating Chart
Debris/Carcass Removal 1431
- For debris and carcass removal in the roadway of 1431 within the city limits of Jonestown: contact Police dispatch at 512-974-0845 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- FYI - The police will move from the road then Transportation & Natural Resources or TXDOT picks them up.